Q: What controls to show the Login page when you access a authorized-required resource in an Asp.net MVC application?
A: The web.config
1: <authentication mode="Forms">
2: <forms loginUrl="~/Account/LogOn" timeout="2880" />
For example in your AccountController you have the following.
2: public ActionResult ChangePassword()
4: return View();
The [Authorize] attribute says authentication is required when you want to change your password, but it doesn’t specify where to direct you to for the authentication.
I assume you already have an account on Disqus.com
1. Setup your site on disqus.com. This is your live site, don’t create localhost as a site there.
2. Follow instructions and copy paste the snippets into your pages.
3. Run your app at your local using FireFox (IE8 for some reason didn’t show this message), and it’ll show that it didn’t work correctly and asks your to go visit http://wiki.disqus.net/JSEmbed/
4. On this page you’ll learn that you need to insert the following snippet into your <head>.
3: var disqus_developer = 1; // this would set it to developer mode
5. Finally just test everything out by posting some comments, everything should work now.